August 3 to 8, 2010 - Missoula and Polson, MT

We drove the two vehicles separately on August 3rd.  The old towing baseplate was in the back seat of the car with Diane driving.  We stopped and fueled up both vehicles in Post Falls, Idaho and moved on.  Luckily we had reservations in Missoula at the Jellystone Park since it was a long day.  Our friends John and Cathy are working at the campground and Cathy checked us in.  After a 295 mile driving day here we were camped with Cathy and John's motorhome behind us, the one with the golf cart.  We had last seen John and Cathy while we both camped at TT Pio Pico in February 2009.  The Jellystone park is very close to Jim and Mary's RV Park where we last stayed in July 2009.

Next to us are Carolyn and Dick, whom we would also be visiting with.

John drives Yogi around in the evening.

Nice sunset our first night.

August 4th the six of us went to dinner at Bridge Pizza, which was quite good.  From the left are Carolyn, Dick, John, Cathy and Diane, with Bill taking the photo.

We took a rails to trails bike ride on August 5th after renting bikes and other equipment.  Here are the photos of the Route of the Hiawatha, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

When we came back we found the box with the replacement baseplate at our door.  We arranged to come back Sunday to install it with John's help.

The next morning, the 6th, we headed north to Polson.  We were going to spend a couple days with friends staying there.  After 59 miles we were camped at Eagle Nest RV Resort.

Just down the way are Ian and Margaret, whom we had last seen in Dickinson, ND in July 2009.

Also in the campground were Linda and Steven, whom we last saw in Fall City last May.

Here is the group visiting at Ian and Margaret's place.  The other four were spending a week together and had been having a great time.

Max hanging around.

As a group we decided to go to a "steakhouse" they had seen.  Off we went.  Only the place was Ricciardi's Italian "Seafood House", not "Steak House".  It still sounded good to us.

Outside were these classics.

Our meal was wonderful, you really can get good seafood (and steaks) in Montana.  Plus the cherry beer was quite nice.

Here is the group minus Bill who was taking the photo.

August 7th we toured the area on our own, buying fresh Flathead Lake cherries and having lunch at the Montana Club in Kalispell.  The group got back together at Linda and Steven's campsite in the evening.

Ian and Margaret's blog and Linda and Steven's blog have more photos and information on our time together.

August 8th everyone else left early because they had long drives.  We only had a drive of 59 miles back to Jellystone in Missoula.  We ended up at the site next to where we were before, the one Dick and Carolyn had been in our last stay.

Once John got off work he helped Bill reinstall the baseplate.

August 8th replacement of the towing baseplate photos.

Now we could tow the car again.

That evening the four of us went to Johnny Carinos for dinner.  Who knows when we will next get together.

Now we continue our journey east.

Back Home    Back to 2010 Main Page    Previous Adventure    Next Adventure